Sunday, May 18, 2008

A quick post about a simple picture...

landscape great smokey mountains blue

A couple of years ago I took a driving vacation through the Smoky Mountains

portrait car window mirror with cameraI spent most of the trip leaning out the front passenger window with my camera, enjoying the winding drive.

This simple photo, in layers of blue, is by far my favorite result. The different shades of blues are so peaceful and you get some of the sense of space as mountains and hills move towards the horizon.

3 comments:

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

The shades of blue are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you taking a picture in the mirror!

Anonymous said...

i love photos of rearview mirror self-portraits. I tried to take some a couple weeks ago but they didn't turn out so well :)